Friday, August 23, 2013
I love wings.
This is a no filter pure example of the beauty of gochuchang. These taste perfectly Korean, like family, like life, like spicy, sweet, complex fire. The description makes me think of something horrible like Guy Fieri, or the negative connotation of Korean heat (which has never in my experience felt like pure HEAT) with anger, so I won't get started on that. Or did I already?
Either way, roasting wings is a beautiful way to get it done and almost works as well as deep frying them. Just kidding, not even close, but it's pretty good. I used a cooling rack, with foil, on top of a baking sheet, and I forgot to 1. rub those bitties in canola oil and 2. season them. Truth. I'd try it the correct way the next time, but it most definitely does not go wrong if you don't oil, salt and pepper them. My mother? never seasoned anything with salt and pepper while cooking. Truth. This was not always to her advantage, but I figured if Jane can do it, I can do it. I'd also try it again with the cooling rack, not lined with foil, on top of a baking suit, lined with foil. Gotta get that extra crispy crispy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment