Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday Dinner

Whole Broiled/Baked Branzini - My first time baking and broiling a whole fish.  Whole Foods gutted, scaled and cleaned it for me, so it wasn't too difficult.  I rubbed it in some olive oil, seasoned it inside and out with salt and pepper and stuffed it with some lemon slices. Baking it in a foil packet at 400 degrees for whatever time Mark Bittman recommended, was not enough, and I was starving, so I opened it up, turned the broiler on high and just kept a close eye on it.

Red/White Quinoa with Sugar Snap Peas and Zucchini - While the quinoa was cooking in my homemade chicken stock, I cooked some shallots in olive oil and butter and threw in the diced zucchini and chopped snap peas.  Tossed in one teeny, thinly sliced garlic clove, along with a teeny bit of rice wine vinegar and soy sauce, salt and pepper.  I stirred in the quinoa with the vegetables, and when the fish was done, I called it a day.  

Pretty sure I could eat fish every single day for the rest of my life.

P.S. The Chocolate French Bread experiment was DELICIOUS.  Better than a chocolate croissant - suck on that, people!


No comments:

Post a Comment