I wish I could have done a better job with the marbling of the remaining lemon curd (there was so much extra!), but the texture of the cake was pretty divine. I was also worried about working with gelatin for the first time, although I'm not sure you can fuck up gelatin. Then again, I am always, and I mean ALWAYS, surprised when people fail at baking - assuming they are reading directions and following recipes.
Once an old co-worker, who was terrible at life, brought in homemade chocolate chip cookies and they tasted, looked like and had the texture of dirt. Straight up DIRT. I vowed never again to eat a co-worker's baked goods unless they looked like an amateur version of the recipe. I have held true to this since those terrible cookies, and that was probably three years ago.
Five of my co-workers and friends, however, happily noshed on a third of this cheesecake, and Adam ate not one, but TWO slices, and homey never eats my baked goods unless they are baked with pure milk chocolate or from a box. True story. When I am in the spirit, I make all kinds of goods, and he eats one forkful and asks where the funfetti is.
Also, I need a pie pedestal. This was placed on parchment inside a Pyrex pie plate and then covered with another fluted Pyrex pie plate. Does the same job, but nowhere near as beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment