Last night I decided to make the Wild Rice and Pine Nut Salad and the Honey-Soy Glazed Salmon, both from past issues of Real Simple. The salmon itself is extremely easy, and I guess it should be when you are just broiling some fish that has been salted/peppered for a few minutes, topping it with a tablespoon of honey and soy sauce and broiling for a few more minutes. I don't read recipes in advance, even though I should, and as I was mixing together the honey with the soy, I realized they listed honey as 1 tablespoon and soy sauce as 3 teaspoons.
They equal the same thing. Thanks, MAGAZINE.
Moving on to the wild rice and pine nut salad combo.... tarragon is disgusting. I wish, like reading recipes, I had tasted the ingredients.
I knew as I was cutting into the tarragon that it smelt sort of disgusting, like licorice, but I was already too committed. It was a mistake I will not make again. It was gross as hell. Thank god for the toasted pine nuts.
Tarragon = hell no.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Tarragon is the shiiiiiiiiit!!
ReplyDeleteick!
ReplyDelete