I've posted about my sort of disdain for pizza as junk food in Milkshake Busters, because it kind of grosses me out. Grilled pizza is not included in regular pizza - because it's not the same. The dough is considerably thinner and crispier. The sauce is typically light or just consists of a few tomatoes. The cheese is delicately scattered on top, and tends to be fresh mozzarella, instead of that disgusting congealed pile of goop.
This brings me to macaroni and cheese. Kind of like pizza, maybe even more of the disgusted, congealed pile of goop, but with pasta instead of dough and more cheese instead of sauce.
Every time I make mac and cheese, which is maybe twice a year, I always make a family size portion in a 9" x 12" dish because I hate halving recipes. I always regret it afterwards because I cannot gorge myself on mac and cheese, and neither can Adam.
All that being said, I rely on a pretty cheesy macaroni and cheese recipe from Food and Wine. A pound and a half of cheese! I don't use half and half (except this time I used a little bit of heavy cream and whole milk), and elbow macaroni makes everything boring, so I try to avoid it at all costs, as you should too.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment