Adam and I rarely cook dinner together. Maybe because he does not know how to cook, I don't have the patience to teach him (Hey, I taught myself!), I sort of hate cooking dinner with other people, and the kitchen is my special place. Maybe a combination of all of that, but mostly the reasons that start with "I."
As a result of not cooking dinner together and Adam not really cooking, if I don't cook, no one cooks, and I get cranky. I get angry, and I eat shitty food. Fast forward four and a half years later and somewhat consistently arguing about this, we cooked dinner together tonight. This is a rare occasion.
We had sauteed salmon with a vegetable medley (corn, broccoli, onions and zucchini with a splash of teriyaki sauce) and plan on celebrating OUR accomplishment by buying snacks at our local grocery store. Pepperidge Farm better be having a serious sale on cookies.
Tomorrow I will be going back to my special place, all by myself, to make Jamie Oliver's Simplest Chicken and Leek Stew.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment