Whenever possible, eat turkey in place of whatever meat you are thinking about for dinner. Not just for your health, but to switch it up! I don't eat red meat that often, or at least try not to, for general health reasons (i.e. being healthy), and I'd rather save my red meat fix for a quality steak than ground beef in pasta, tacos, whatever.
I make lasagna every few months, never usually with meat, but I had some ground turkey that I bought on sale earlier this week. I realized I must have been subconsciously inspired by Bon Appetit's Lasagna with Turkey Sausage Bolognese. I didn't follow the recipe at all, but what I came out with is relatively similar. I did follow their advice to soak the no-boil lasagna noodles/sheets just to see what it was like, and I'm not sure it made that much of a difference.
The key to cooking, for anyone: do whatever you want. You don't like a lot of cheese? I don't. Omit as much as you can. Like spinach, want some extra nutritional value? Throw it in there. Call it a day.
Then eat.
Friday, March 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment