A friend and I were recently talking about how we do not understand why people choose to share bad, not happy and/or surprise news in public places, restaurants in particular. We were specifically talking about choosing a restaurant as the location, not when it happens to be the location by accident. Her parents are getting a divorce, and she said they wanted to talk it out over dinner. Declined.
I was out to dinner with another friend, and he dropped a little fact that he would be moving across the country before the end of summer. While this was happy and exciting news, it was done in a way that still leaves a terrible taste in my mouth when I think about it. The news was only let out by accident, and it was let out in front of people I have seen less than ten times in the nine years I've known him in some West Village pizza place with annoying children as the background noise.
Maybe I am just selfish and thought that after years of friendship, news this big would have been shared in a different manner, or maybe Scene 1: Restaurant is just tacky as hell.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment