Adam and I have not been getting enough vegetables, and it's starting to get really hot, so making it into the kitchen is only going to get more rough as the days go on. Summer is a terrible season. I hate everyone who disagrees with that fact.
I sweat like a four hundred pound gorilla, my kitchen gets terrible air circulation, and do I even need to mention summer in the city? Ew.
Moving on. We ended up making this Broccoli-Leek Soup with Lemon Chive Cream. Cooking soup on a hot day = small fail. It was pretty easy and super healthy. If I had any vegetable stock in the freezer, it would have been totally vegan. Minus the sour cream at the end, which was a delightful touch.
I used the immersion blender instead of the food processor, because I didn't feel like washing the whole thing, but I think that was a bad idea. Word to the wise - use your food processor for soups with chunks of goods.
No comments:
Post a Comment