Thursday, May 19, 2011

Taqueria Downtown, Jersey City = YES!

There are only so many places you really want to eat at over and over again, especially in this area because you can try so many restaurants, from a hole in the wall to world famous eateries, but Taqueria is one of those places that just does it right every time.  I love you, Taqueria Downtown.  I have had some rough patches with you - like when one of the hosts asked me and my homegirl to leave, even though we weren't done eating or drinking, even though I wanted to buy more food, you told me I'd have to get it as takeout, or that you're always closed on Monday's and I always forget and stroll up like I'm the Boss, and your shit is dark and sad.

I accept your flaws, like anyone who truly loves someone or something does.   Your fish tacos changed my life.

Rice and beans, a steak taco (spicy!) and a pork tamale.

No comments:

Post a Comment