The frequency at which I meet self-hating Asian men blows my motherfucking mind.
I never get close to befriending this:
A few weeks ago, an Asian woman, "jokingly" told me I wasn't Korean enough because I don't speak the language and then last night, an Asian boy (because his 24 year old ass was a boy, not a man) told me I was Really Asian because I was born to Asian Parents. Listen, son, no matter who raised you and who you call Mom and Dad, all of us Asian ass peeps, were born to at least one partly Asian parent, no matter how European your yellow ass wishes you were. My Asian parents don't make me any more Asian than your white ones, and the last time I checked, your ignorant ass most definitely doesn't gauge this.
It took me a long time to get to this point, to discover myself in the work that I've always wanted to do, and to find friends and people I cared about who GOT it and the last thing I am going to do is sit there and let an Asian Man Who Wishes He Were White tell me Iron Chef is ignorant and then make fun of Japanese tourists, say all Asian girls are crazy and that Asians have obsessions with knives. We can't get a bit more creative than that? Asians and knives? Can't we stick to the being bad drivers part? Cripes, you suck. Once I got offended because my aunt told me that, no matter what, people were going to see me as a chink - and you know what? Truth. If you think I make "a big deal" or "rant" about it, you don't get it. It's relevant because it happens, and it happens more often than you think. It happens when I am in the fucking grocery store with my partner of five years, and while he put things on the conveyer belt and handed them to me, the cashier asked if we were together. "No, he is just some bearded fucking stranger I found to help me lift up my heavy canned beans up from my basket." It happens when someone asked me if I spoke Mandarin, as if.... yes, all Asian people are One Size Fits all. And even if I spoke Mandarin, why the fuck are you asking me, unless I am speaking Mandarin to your presumptuous ass?
You embarrass me, and you embarrass us. And perhaps I am not supposed to judge my friends for being friends with these types of ignorant hillbillies, and they come in all shapes and sizes from of color to highly 'educated,' but I do and I will, especially when I am put into uncomfortable situations where I have to tolerate their idiocy in your presence. Fuck you. I respect you less, and that is the truth, because my integrity means more than your friendship. You are the company you keep, and I can say 110% I do not keep your type of company.
We all know Martha embraces her white ass self (New Jersey born, suck it), and I embrace her. Stop the self-hatred, get better friends and get the fuck out of my face.
No comments:
Post a Comment