Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Part Two: 2011

Last year Adam and I hosted Thanksgiving for seven people, including ourselves.  It was pretty epic and nerve-wracking - for me, not him.   This year, I decided to double the invitation, assuming the majority of friends would not be able to make it. My my how schedules change and open up once food is involved.  How for the love of god am I supposed to host 15 people Thanksgiving dinner in December, without a dining room, without more than one oven, and keep everything warm enough to still be tasty?

I have been feeling icky about the whole thing since the initial 'save the date' email went out, because of obvious panic, but then I saw these dudes on the Cooking Channel last night and got all excited:


There is nothing like the smell of Thanksgiving in a home, and there was no greater culinary accomplishment than roasting a gigantic ass turkey and making number of sides for a handful of my friends.  SHIT SMELT LIKE SWEET SUCCESS.


Am I right, or am I right?


No comments:

Post a Comment